Azure ML features now generally available
- Streamlined network isolation with Managed Network Isolation.
- Local debugging of scoring scripts before production with Inference Server.
- AzureML job statuses now viewable in Azure Pipelines, reducing unnecessary compute costs. UPDATE
Vertex AI integrates Mistral's advanced model
- Mistral AI teams up with Google Cloud.
- Mistral-7B foundational model integrated into Vertex AI.
- New model optimizes both speed and accuracy. UPDATE
Public preview of new Azure ML features
- Customizable compute instance experiences.
- Unified model packaging for deployment.
- Pixel-level image labeling through Semantic Segmentation.
- Fine-tuning of new base inference models. UPDATE
SageMaker previews new ml instances
Amazon SageMaker introduces ml.p5.48xlarge instances for high-performance machine learning inference. UPDATE
SageMaker Canvas adds real-time endpoints
Amazon SageMaker Canvas now supports deploying machine learning models to real-time inferencing endpoints, eliminating manual steps. UPDATE
Azure AKS backup offers regional recovery
- Scheduled backups of AKS clusters.
- Restore clusters in secondary regions during regional disasters.
- Data retention for compliance in regulated industries. UPDATE
AWS Step Functions optimized for EMR Serverless
AWS Step Functions launches Optimized Integration for Amazon EMR Serverless, simplifying data processing pipelines. UPDATE
AWS previews CodeWhisperer customization
AWS's new CodeWhisperer feature allows customization to provide precise code suggestions based on an organization's internal APIs. UPDATE
Azure integrates OpenAI with Cosmos DB
Azure OpenAI Studio now integrates with Azure Cosmos DB for MongoDB vCore, allowing personalized, data-driven applications. UPDATE
OpenSearch introduces Search Pipelines
New feature in OpenSearch 2.9, Search Pipelines, simplifies building query and result processing pipelines. UPDATE
Azure Private Link supports MySQL
Azure Private Link now allows connections to Azure Database for MySQL - Flexible Server via a private endpoint. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Google unveils 4th Gen AMD EPYC VMs
Google announces C3D VMs with 4th Gen AMD EPYC processors, offering up to 54% performance improvement. UPDATE
AWS launches EC2 R7i instances
AWS introduces Amazon EC2 R7i instances with custom 4th Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, offering up to 15% faster performance and better price performance compared to R6i instances. UPDATE
AWS enhances Elastic Disaster Recovery
AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery now allows recovery into an existing or original Amazon EC2 instance, reducing downtime and data loss. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Gartner’s top tech trends for 2024
- How software architects could use Generative AI
- Annual State of Software Supply Chain report
- Why Microsoft may struggle in consumer generative AI