AWS launches new tools for generative AI adoption
- AWS announces the general availability of Amazon Bedrock for generative AI applications.
- Expanded model choices with Amazon Titan Embeddings and upcoming Llama 2.
- Amazon Bedrock is HIPAA and GDPR compliant.
- Introduction of Amazon CodeWhisperer customization capability. UPDATE
New TiDE model boosts Vertex AI forecasting
- Vertex AI launches TimeSeries Dense Encoder (TiDE) with significant performance improvements.
- Up to 10x training throughput improvement compared to previous models.
- Support for larger training datasets of up to 1TB. UPDATE
Amazon Bedrock now generally available
Amazon Bedrock, designed for building generative AI applications, is now available. It offers high-performing foundation models and is HIPAA and GDPR compliant. UPDATE
Amazon Titan Embeddings now generally available
Amazon Titan Embeddings, optimized for Retrieval Augmented Generation use-cases, is now generally available and supports 25+ languages. UPDATE
Preview of Generative BI in Amazon QuickSight
Amazon QuickSight introduces three new Generative Business Intelligence capabilities, allowing natural language specification for visualizations and calculations. UPDATE
Amazon SageMaker Canvas boosts forecasting speed by 50%
- Amazon SageMaker Canvas introduces enhanced forecasting capabilities.
- Time to train a forecasting model reduced by up to 50%.
- Prediction speed improved by 45%.
- Supports programmatic access via APIs for model building and predictions. UPDATE
Amazon Textract introduces Layout feature
New Layout feature in Amazon Textract enables extraction of layout elements like paragraphs and titles from various documents. UPDATE
Management Tools & Design
AWS Compute Optimizer expands EC2 support
AWS Compute Optimizer now supports 153 additional EC2 instance types and multi-attached EBS volumes, offering more optimization opportunities. UPDATE
AWS updates Well-Architected Framework
AWS Well-Architected Framework now offers more prescriptive guidance to help customers and partners keep up with evolving cloud architecture best practices. UPDATE
GKE Policy Controller violations in Security Command Center
- Policy Controller violations for GKE now displayed in Google Cloud’s Security Command Center.
- Enhanced visibility and transparency.
- Fully managed integration, on-by-default for all users. UPDATE
Apigee API Management updates pricing model
- Apigee introduces new pricing attributes for Pay-as-you-go and Subscription models.
- Greater granularity in Pay-as-you-go pricing. UPDATE
Public preview for Azure Data Explorer Splunk Add-On
- Azure Data Explorer Add-On for Splunk now in public preview.
- Enables easy data ingestion from Splunk to Azure Data Explorer. UPDATE
Free Azure SQL database offer
Azure SQL Database is now available for free for the lifetime of an Azure subscription, providing a 32 GB serverless database and monthly vCore seconds. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Azure adds new cache sizes
Azure Cache for Redis Enterprise now provides three additional cache sizes, offering better optimization for price and performance. UPDATE
Log Analytics integrates with Cloud Logging
Log Analytics now integrates charts and dashboards in Cloud Logging, aiding in monitoring and troubleshooting applications. UPDATE
Advanced vulnerability insights launched for GKE
Artifact Analysis collaborates with Google Kubernetes Engine to introduce Advanced Vulnerability Insights, expanding language support in Artifact Registry. UPDATE
Azure Container Apps now part of savings plan
- Azure Container Apps eligible for Azure Savings Plan for Compute.
- Users can get 15% to 17% savings on a 1 or 3-year commitment.
- Savings apply across all Azure Container Apps regions and plans. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Gartner survey on generative AI
- Testcontainer survey on local dev and testing