BigQuery Omni enables cross-cloud SQL joins
- Introduces cross-cloud join feature in BigQuery Omni.
- Allows querying data across AWS S3, Azure Blob Store, and Google Cloud in one SQL statement.
- Eliminates the need for data copy and complex ETL pipelines, reducing costs. UPDATE
Google Cloud expands BigQuery's blockchain datasets
- Adds 11 new in-demand blockchain chains to BigQuery public datasets.
- Includes Avalanche, Ethereum, Polkadot, and more.
- Updates Bitcoin dataset with new Satoshis/Ordinals numbering scheme. UPDATE
Dataplex adds data profiling, automatic quality features
- Announces general availability of data profiling and AutoDQ in Dataplex.
- Enables data quality tasks from BigQuery and Dataplex UI.
- New configuration options for row and column filters, and sampling. UPDATE
Azure API Center in public preview
Azure API Center, part of Azure API Management platform, is now open for public preview, offering features to manage and discover APIs across a company. UPDATE
Web PubSub supports Socket.IO
Azure Web PubSub introduces Socket.IO support, allowing developers to focus on building real-time experiences. UPDATE
EMR Serverless updates defaults
Amazon EMR Serverless introduces application-wide default job configurations, standardizing settings for all Spark and Hive jobs. UPDATE
DynamoDB introduces incremental export to S3
Amazon DynamoDB now allows incremental data export to S3, enabling users to export changed data without doing a full table export. UPDATE
AWS Application Composer expands resource support
AWS Application Composer now supports all 1000+ resources provided by AWS CloudFormation, offering greater flexibility in application architecture. UPDATE
Hybrid Access Mode for AWS Glue Data Catalog
AWS Lake Formation launches Hybrid Access Mode, allowing selective enablement of Lake Formation without disrupting existing workloads. UPDATE
Role-based access in Redshift WLM
Amazon Redshift now supports role-based access control in workload management, allowing query routing based on user roles. UPDATE
Sample data generation in NoSQL Workbench
NoSQL Workbench for Amazon DynamoDB now allows generation of human-readable sample data for easier prototyping. UPDATE
AWS HealthImaging supports CloudFormation
AWS HealthImaging now offers support for AWS CloudFormation, facilitating the automation of DevOps processes. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Free data transfer on Google Cloud
Starting October, Google Cloud offers 200 GB free internet data transfer per month for Standard Tier customers. UPDATE
GitHub Security for Azure DevOps
GitHub Advanced Security for Azure DevOps is now available, offering automated security checks in the developer workflow. UPDATE
Dataform enhances Google security
Dataform can now deploy Community Security Analytics on BigQuery, making it easier to get security insights from Google Cloud logs. UPDATE
SageMaker supports one-time monitoring jobs
Amazon SageMaker Model Monitor now offers on-demand monitoring jobs for quick troubleshooting of machine learning models. UPDATE
App Runner improves Auto-Scaling management
AWS App Runner launches updates to better manage Auto-Scaling Configuration resources. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Conference Board survey on generative AI usage
- Hubspot MySQL cluster case study
- Chaos testing in YugabyteDB