Google mitigates record-breaking DDoS attack
- New DDoS attack peaked at 398 million requests per second.
- Utilized a novel HTTP/2 “Rapid Reset” technique.
- Industry-wide collaboration for mitigation and response. UPDATE
AWS Firewall Manager expands security policies
AWS Firewall Manager now supports referencing security groups in its common policies, allowing traffic between peered VPCs. UPDATE
Cloud Spanner claims 50% cost advantage over Amazon DynamoDB
- Cloud Spanner announces significant price-performance improvements.
- Up to 50% increase in throughput and 2.5x the storage per node.
- Claims to be half the cost of Amazon DynamoDB for most workloads. UPDATE
Amazon DataZone now generally available
- Designed for cataloging, analyzing, and sharing data across organizations.
- Includes business-friendly asset naming suggestions via AI.
- Systematic governance for automated data processes. UPDATE
Azure IoT Hub introduces Cosmos DB endpoint
Azure IoT Hub now allows Azure Cosmos DB as a custom routing endpoint, enabling efficient data analysis in large-scale IoT implementations. UPDATE
Real-time Google Ads data in BigQuery
Google now supports writing real-time Google Ads data to BigQuery, allowing organizations to make data-driven decisions with a ~10 min buffer. UPDATE
AlloyDB Omni now generally available
AlloyDB Omni, the downloadable edition of AlloyDB, is now available, offering flexible deployment across various environments including Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure. UPDATE
AWS releases pgactive for PostgreSQL RDS
AWS announces the general availability of pgactive, an active-active replication extension for PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS, offering more resiliency and flexibility. UPDATE
AWS Glue integrates GitLab, BitBucket
AWS Glue now supports GitLab and BitBucket for data integration pipeline management, in addition to existing support for GitHub and AWS CodeCommit. UPDATE
QuickSight integrates with Amazon SageMaker Canvas for predictive analytics
- QuickSight now supports machine learning models from Amazon SageMaker Canvas.
- No coding required for building predictive dashboards.
- Enhances analytics from descriptive to predictive, aiding better business decision-making. UPDATE
SageMaker Canvas adds support for foundation models
- Business analysts can now access foundation models in SageMaker Canvas.
- No-code interface for evaluating models like Claude 2, Amazon Titan, and Jurassic-2.
- Easy comparison of model responses to select the best fit. UPDATE
AWS App Runner updates custom domains
AWS App Runner introduces improvements for associating custom domain names to an App Runner service, simplifying certificate and DNS management. UPDATE
SageMaker supports private model repositories
Amazon SageMaker Model Registry now allows the registration of machine learning models from private Docker repositories. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- 10 IT jobs for AI future-proofing career
- 2023 Google DORA report
- LinkedIn’s embedding based technology