GKE Enterprise edition launches
- GKE Enterprise, a premium Kubernetes service by Google Cloud, goes live November 15.
- Aims to boost development speed, run critical workloads, and cut ownership costs.
- Offers fleet management, advanced vulnerability insights, and managed governance. UPDATE
Azure introduces advanced Container Storage
- Azure Container Storage now in preview, offering scalable volumes natively for containers.
- Available in 26 regions, simplifies stateful app management on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Enables rapid volume scaling, multi-zone storage pools, and dynamic resizing.
- Introduces volume snapshot and clone for recovery and protection. UPDATE
AKS updates Istio service mesh add-on
- Istio-based service mesh for AKS in public preview, updates features.
- Allows minor version upgrades, custom CA integration, and Istio egress support.
- Enhances control over Istio upgrades and traffic management within the service mesh. UPDATE
KEDA add-on now GA for AKS
The KEDA add-on for AKS has reached general availability, offering over 60 scalers for efficient application autoscaling. UPDATE
Multi-cluster Gateway for GKE goes GA
Google announces the general availability of the Multi-cluster Gateway controller for GKE, enabling unified load balancing across multiple clusters. UPDATE
Vertex AI Search gains AI, enterprise features
- Vertex AI Search introduces generative AI features for customized business search.
- Customizable answers and document rank tuning in preview.
- New offerings: vector search, multimodal embeddings for text, image, and video. UPDATE
AWS rolls out Generative AI Framework
AWS Audit Manager introduces a new framework to audit generative AI practices on Amazon Bedrock, ensuring best practices compliance. UPDATE
SageMaker Canvas now with ML leaderboards
SageMaker Canvas adds advanced configurations for ML model building and a new leaderboard feature for performance comparison. UPDATE
Azure SQL debuts new updates
Azure SQL's latest update includes new features for Elastic Jobs, enhanced security, and Azure Portal integration for better database management. UPDATE
Amazon Aurora integrates with Redshift
AWS launches zero-ETL integration between Amazon Aurora MySQL and Amazon Redshift for seamless analytics and ML operations. UPDATE
Lambda compute now available in CodeBuild
AWS CodeBuild adds AWS Lambda for faster, cost-optimized build executions, supporting both x86_64 and Arm64 architectures. UPDATE
Aurora PostgreSQL introduces Optimized Reads
Amazon Aurora's Optimized Reads for PostgreSQL delivers up to 8x query latency improvements and cost savings on r6gd/r6id instances. UPDATE
Google Cloud forecasts cybersecurity trends 2024
- Google Cloud's Cybersecurity Forecast 2024 combines insights from its security teams.
- AI use in cyberattacks and defense expected to rise.
- Increased reliance on zero-days and cloud services by attackers noted.
- Shift towards newer programming languages like Go, Rust, Swift by malware authors. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Google Cloud announces TPU v5e GA
- Cloud TPU v5e now generally available, boasts 2.3X better price-performance.
- Demonstrated in MLPerf Training 3.1, advances mixed-precision training.
- Enables large-scale training and inference workloads, efficient scaling to 50K chips. UPDATE
Azure Elastic SAN enhances VMware support
- Azure Elastic SAN preview now integrates with Azure VMware Solution (AVS).
- Improved performance with reduced latency, live resizing, and secure storage options.
- Elastic SAN's VMware certification allows scalable storage and performance tuning. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Meta’s serverless platform processes
- Terraform cues on cloud market shares
- Netflix focus on developer experience