Synapse Link now with Cosmos DB backup
Azure Synapse Link is now compatible with Azure Cosmos DB's continuous backup for near-real-time analytics. UPDATE
Flexible Server adds auto-grow
Azure Database for PostgreSQL Flexible Server now features storage auto-grow and online disk scaling. UPDATE
New roles in Amazon CodeCatalyst
Amazon CodeCatalyst introduces four new user roles for enhanced project and space access control. UPDATE
Amazon Athena unveils hourly reservations
Amazon Athena introduces 1-hour Provisioned Capacity reservations, allowing flexible, cost-optimized workload management. UPDATE
Kinesis doubles On-Demand throughput
Amazon Kinesis Data Streams now supports a doubled On-Demand write throughput limit of 2 GB/s. UPDATE
RDS enhances Blue/Green Deployments
Amazon RDS's Blue/Green Deployments now support Amazon Aurora and RDS PostgreSQL, streamlining updates. UPDATE
Amazon Aurora MySQL speeds restarts
New optimizations in Amazon Aurora MySQL reduce database restart times by up to 65%. UPDATE
Dataflow enhances AI, developer tools, and efficiency
- New autotuning features include asymmetric autoscaling, in-flight job updates, and intelligent downscaling.
- Performance boosts with dynamic thread scaling and vertical autoscaling for batch jobs.
- ARM processor support and SDK performance improvements for better Dataflow operations.
- ML enhancements with RunInference, model updates without job interruptions, and GPU support expansion. UPDATE
Kubeflow Pipelines v2 enhances ML workflow scalability
- Kubeflow Pipelines v2 (KFP v2) released, upgrading ML pipeline creation and management.
- Google's KFP, part of Kubeflow, allows reusable, scalable machine learning workflows.
- KFP v2 introduces improved Python authoring, Argo-independent definitions, and a better GUI.
- Features include executable components, nested pipelines, and enhanced ML metadata support. UPDATE
AWS Neuron backs Llama-2 70b model
AWS Neuron SDK now supports the Llama-2 70b model and adds beta support for PyTorch 2.0. UPDATE
Artifact Registry enhances build artifact management
- Artifact Registry's remote and virtual repository features now generally available.
- Offers streamlined dependency management across teams with local caching.
- Enhanced security with Artifact Analysis for scanning vulnerabilities.
- Simplifies developers' access by consolidating repository URLs. UPDATE
Multi-cluster Gateway for GKE goes GA
- Google announces general availability of Multi-cluster Gateway controller for GKE.
- Supports unified load balancing across GKE cluster fleets.
- Enables blue-green deployments and geo-distributed applications.
- Enhanced security with integrated advanced features for load balancers. UPDATE
Service Bus updates .NET functions
Azure Functions .NET isolated worker model now supports Service Bus message settlement actions. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Azure Blob Batch adds Cold Tier
Azure Blob Storage's Cold Tier is now supported in Blob Batch operations, offering cost-effective storage for infrequently accessed data. UPDATE
Azure NetApp Files cools data
Azure NetApp Files standard storage now offers a cool access tier to store infrequently accessed data more cost-effectively. UPDATE
AWS adds 64 new Trusted Advisor checks
AWS Trusted Advisor now integrates with AWS Config for 64 new checks in operational excellence and other categories. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- O’Reilly technology 2024 landscape
- Forrester’s 2024 CIO challenges
- LinkedIn Apache Beam case study