Debating global developer population size
Disparity in estimates on global developer population, IDC puts paid professionals at around 16 million in 2022. UPDATE
Cloud SQL Enterprise Plus boosts MySQL performance
- 3x higher read throughput, 2x improvement in write latency.
- Near-zero downtime, 99.99% availability SLA, 35 days log retention.
- Also offers enhanced performance for PostgreSQL. UPDATE
Call automation capabilities in Azure Communication Services
Allows businesses to build custom calling workflows within their applications, abstracting the complexity of telephony systems. UPDATE
Google Cloud allows multiple Firestore databases
Allows creation of multiple databases in a project to isolate data, microservices, or dev/test/staging environments, with database-level aggregation of metrics. UPDATE
DynamoDB local version 2.0 announced
Local version now uses jakarta.* namespace, enabling Java developers to build modernized, lightweight cloud native applications. UPDATE
AWS CodeBuild integrates GitHub Actions
AWS CodeBuild now supports GitHub Actions, enabling customers to utilize pre-built actions from GitHub's marketplace. UPDATE
Amazon SageMaker integrates model cards, registry
- Amazon SageMaker Model Cards now linked with SageMaker Model Registry.
- Allows for a single source of truth for registered model versions.
- Facilitates discoverability, governance, compliance, accountability throughout model lifecycle. UPDATE
Anthropic introduces Claude 2, second-gen AI chatbot
- Anthropic releases Claude 2, an AI chatbot succeeding their first model.
- Features better performance in coding, document searching, summarizing and question answering.
- Maintains safety measures, features improvements in response harmlessness and biased responses. UPDATE
Dual-stack GKE clusters get IPv6 enhancements
- Load Balancer Services, FQDN Network Policies, Dataplane V2 now IPv6-aware.
- Ensures high availability, security, and observability for IPv6 workloads. UPDATE
AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store ups API limit
API throughput limit for GetParameter and GetParameters APIs now increased to 10,000 transactions per second (TPS). UPDATE
Amazon EKS enhances Windows containers pod density
Amazon EKS now allows up to 250 pods on a single Windows Server node using IPv4 prefix delegation mode. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Azure cross-region Load Balancer now GA
- Ultra-low latency traffic distribution, high performance.
- Static global anycast IP address for each instance.
- Can add/remove regional deployments without interruption.
- Backed by a 99.99% availability SLA, supports UDP traffic, floating IP. UPDATE
Public preview of Azure's latest burstable VMs
Bsv2, Basv2, and Bpsv2 virtual machines offer a baseline CPU utilization with the capacity to expand as workload increases. UPDATE
Azure AD transitions to Microsoft Entra ID
The name change represents the unification of Microsoft Entra products, with no changes to capabilities, licensing, or pricing. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Postman State of API report
- Databricks versus Snowflake face-off
- 10 event architecture principles
- Navigating system architecture complexity