Subscribe to NPrimeWeb. Your compass for the Cloud
News has much too much noise…
News is voluminous, never free from fluff or bias. We distil what’s really important.
…and industry reports are an expensive overkill
Mostly, we are looking for supporting data in a specific context, not a comprehensive 100-page analysis
NPrimeWeb has been calibrated just right
We curate news to inform, analyze and explain. We connect the dots on how new cloud developments will impact your decisions. We give you the data-backed analysis to help you make better decisions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NPrimeWeb (NPW)?
NPW is a paid-only subscription technology publication. We are a premium cloud news-focused newsletter that gets delivered to you once a week.
How do we know news that really matters?
We believe human experts know best. That’s why we built a proprietary algorithm that analyzes what news is getting the experts’ attention.
What do I get if I am a paid subscriber?
You will get a weekly newsletter with the most important news in cloud computing, a “What you really need to know” 100-word summary of each news item. You will also get what the experts are saying, and insightful data visualization of key trends.
Is there a free trial I can opt for?
You can sign up for the free version of the newsletter. This will give you a comprehensive listing of all the cloud news every week. This version won’t include any analysis, expert views or data analysis.
Do you offer refunds?
No. We do not offer refunds.
When is the newsletter sent out?
The newsletter is sent out every Thursday.
Can I change the time your newsletters get sent? I’m not on Eastern time zone.
Unfortunately, segmenting our readers by time zone is a feature not currently supported by our email service provider. We are looking into other potential solutions, and as soon as we find one that works, we’ll make a big announcement.
Where can I find old editions of NPrimeWeb?
Here’s a link to our archive page!
I haven’t been receiving the newsletter
- Check your spam/junk folders.
- If you find the newsletter there, right click and “mark as not spam” or drag and drop the mail back into the primary inbox. After a few days of opening it, your inbox should recognize it as not spam.
- Do you have a corporate email?
- The newsletter can sometimes bounce (get rejected) because of spam filters. We recommend requesting that your IT department whitelist @nprimeweb.com. Otherwise, you can switch your subscription to your personal email address. They tend to be a bit more freewheeling.
- Accidental unsubscribe
- You may have accidentally unsubscribed! Scroll to the bottom of your last newsletter and click the link on the “Update your email preferences” button to check back in.
I still have some questions. How do I get in touch with you?
Drop us an email at email@example.com, and we will get back to you.