Provisioning + Runtime
Google Cloud's Infrastructure Manager debut
- Infrastructure Manager offers Terraform as a Google Cloud service.
- Allows management of Google Cloud infrastructure with IaC principles.
- Integrated within the Google Cloud ecosystem.
- Streamlined Infrastructure as Code with Google Cloud’s library. UPDATE
Google Cloud’s Multislice scales AI training on TPUs
- Multislice announced for large-scale training tech.
- Enables scaling on tens of thousands of Cloud TPUs.
- Overcomes single slice limitation.
- Offers near-linear scaling and enhanced developer productivity. UPDATE
New Azure VM series unveiled
Azure introduces Bsv2, Basv2, and Bpsv2 virtual machines, offering improved price-performance and higher network bandwidth. UPDATE
Azure enhances domain validation
Azure Front Door now supports BYOC-based domain validation, streamlining the domain ownership approval process. UPDATE
Azure Container Storage gets updates
Azure Container Storage preview expands to new regions and adds enhanced features for Azure Kubernetes Service. UPDATE
Amazon EC2 R7a instances go live
Amazon EC2 R7a instances, powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC processors, deliver 50% higher performance compared to R6a. UPDATE
Route 53 integrates AWS-managed prefix lists.
Amazon Route 53 now supports AWS-managed prefix lists for health checks, automating IP range management. UPDATE
AWS enhances Step Functions error handling
AWS Step Functions introduces better error handling, detailed error messages, and improved retry controls. UPDATE
Amazon Detective expands EKS security modules
Amazon Detective introduces modules for investigating threats in Amazon EKS through AWS Workshop Studio. UPDATE
MediaConnect introduces new CloudWatch metrics.
AWS Elemental MediaConnect offers additional metrics for enhanced video stream monitoring through Amazon CloudWatch. UPDATE
Azure introduces simulation workbench
- Public preview of Azure Modeling and Simulation Workbench.
- Enables collaborative workspace for research and engineering.
- Features include automation, multi-party collaboration, and enhanced security. UPDATE
Anomaly Detection raises custom monitor cap.
Cost Anomaly Detection now supports up to 500 custom anomaly monitors, an increase from the previous 100. UPDATE
IAM Identity Center extends session limits.
AWS IAM Identity Center raises its session duration limit from 7 days to 90 days, enhancing user flexibility. UPDATE
Azure AI enhances calling workflows
- Azure AI Speech integrated with Azure Communication Services.
- Enables conversational AI experiences in calls.
- Features include Speech-to-Text, Text-to-Speech, and more.
- Simplifies use of Azure Open AI Service in workflows. UPDATE
Google Cloud rolls out generative AI training
Google Cloud introduces new generative AI training content, catering to both introductory and advanced audiences. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- 11 types of toxic pull requests
- CTOs learnings from generative AI
- Broadcom survey on platforms and automation
- State of WebAssembly 2023 report