Log Analytics integrates with Cloud Logging
Log Analytics now integrates charts and dashboards in Cloud Logging, aiding in monitoring and troubleshooting applications. UPDATE
Advanced vulnerability insights launched for GKE
Artifact Analysis collaborates with Google Kubernetes Engine to introduce Advanced Vulnerability Insights, expanding language support in Artifact Registry. UPDATE
Azure adds ARG support to log alerts
Azure Monitor log alert rules can now run queries on Azure Resource Graph (ARG) tables, increasing visibility and control. UPDATE
GKE Policy Controller violations in Security Command Center
- Policy Controller violations for GKE now displayed in Google Cloud’s Security Command Center.
- Enhanced visibility and transparency.
- Fully managed integration, on-by-default for all users. UPDATE
Management Tools & Design
AWS Compute Optimizer expands EC2 support
AWS Compute Optimizer now supports 153 additional EC2 instance types and multi-attached EBS volumes, offering more optimization opportunities. UPDATE
AWS updates Well-Architected Framework
AWS Well-Architected Framework now offers more prescriptive guidance to help customers and partners keep up with evolving cloud architecture best practices. UPDATE
Azure Container Apps now part of savings plan
- Azure Container Apps eligible for Azure Savings Plan for Compute.
- Users can get 15% to 17% savings on a 1 or 3-year commitment.
- Savings apply across all Azure Container Apps regions and plans. UPDATE
AKS supports Kubernetes 1.28
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) now supports Kubernetes version 1.28 in public preview with various enhancements. UPDATE
AKS adds Vertical Pod Autoscaling
The Vertical Pod Autoscaling (VPA) add-on for AKS is now generally available, optimizing resource usage based on past performance. UPDATE
Azure Container Registry adds artifact cache
Artifact cache feature is now generally available in Azure Container Registry, supporting seven public registries. UPDATE
EMR on EKS launches interactive endpoints
Amazon EMR on EKS now allows interactive workloads via new Interactive Endpoints, supporting both EMR Studio and self-hosted Jupyter notebooks. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Azure adds new cache sizes
Azure Cache for Redis Enterprise now provides three additional cache sizes, offering better optimization for price and performance. UPDATE
Azure Functions v4 for Node.js
The v4 programming model for Azure Functions using Node.js is now generally available, featuring various improvements. UPDATE
AWS launches new tools for generative AI adoption
- AWS announces the general availability of Amazon Bedrock for generative AI applications.
- Expanded model choices with Amazon Titan Embeddings and upcoming Llama 2.
- Amazon Bedrock is HIPAA and GDPR compliant.
- Introduction of Amazon CodeWhisperer customization capability. UPDATE
New TiDE model boosts Vertex AI forecasting
- Vertex AI launches TimeSeries Dense Encoder (TiDE) with significant performance improvements.
- Up to 10x training throughput improvement compared to previous models.
- Support for larger training datasets of up to 1TB. UPDATE
Amazon Bedrock now generally available
Amazon Bedrock, designed for building generative AI applications, is now available. It offers high-performing foundation models and is HIPAA and GDPR compliant. UPDATE
Amazon Titan Embeddings now generally available
Amazon Titan Embeddings, optimized for Retrieval Augmented Generation use-cases, is now generally available and supports 25+ languages. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- Gartner survey on generative AI
- Testcontainer survey on local dev and testing