AKS previews network observability add-on
- Enables network observability on AKS clusters, gathering metrics in Prometheus format.
- Provides access to node-level network metrics.
- Supports Azure CNIs, all AKS node types, easy deployment using native Azure tools.
- Integrates with Azure-managed Prometheus and Grafana. UPDATE
GKE's Security Posture dashboard now GA
- Streamlines security management of GKE clusters with features like misconfiguration detection, vulnerability scanning.
- Supports up to 1,000 GKE nodes.
- Introduces security bulletin surfacing, on by default for new clusters. UPDATE
AWS Step Functions rolls out Versions and Aliases
AWS Step Functions introduces Versions and Aliases for workflows, allowing more resilient deployments and easier setup of continuous deployment. UPDATE
Managed Service for Prometheus adds trace exemplars
- Trace exemplars provide cross-signals correlation between metrics and traces.
- Allows identification of abnormal user experiences.
- Exemplars link high-latency issue with metrics and root cause analysis with traces.
- Exemplars retained for 24 months, works with Cloud Trace, third-party tracing tools. UPDATE
AWS Discovery Service introduces EC2 recommendations
AWS Application Discovery Service rolls out a public API to estimate the cost of running on-premises servers on AWS, factoring in server specification, CPU, and memory usage data. UPDATE
Amazon Managed Grafana integrates OpenSearch Trace Analytics
Amazon Managed Grafana now supports Trace Analytics with the OpenSearch Grafana data source plugin, enhancing the correlation and analysis of data points. UPDATE
AWS Security Hub expands CloudFormation support
AWS Security Hub now supports expanded CloudFormation integration, enabling easy deployment and management of Security Hub standards and controls. UPDATE
Amazon OpenSearch Ingestion integrates with Security Lake
Amazon OpenSearch Ingestion now supports ingesting events from Amazon Security Lake in real-time, accelerating security data indexing and insights derivation. UPDATE
Google Cloud introduces Generative AI Learning Path
- Google Cloud Skills Boost features a free Generative AI Learning Path.
- Path includes 10 courses on theory, tools, and services for Generative AI.
- Discusses GenAI model types, AI principles, and Encoder-Decoder architecture. UPDATE
Provisioning + Runtime
Azure NetApp Files adds double encryption
Azure NetApp Files now features double encryption at-rest with multiple independent layers, mitigating risks such as compromised keys and configuration errors. UPDATE
Azure Application Gateway supports common port
Azure Application Gateway now allows configuring the same port number for public and private listeners, eliminating the need for non-standard ports or backend customization. UPDATE
Amazon EFS increases provisioned throughput
Amazon EFS now offers up to 10 GiB/s read throughput and 3 GiB/s write throughput, suitable for high-performance workloads. UPDATE
NPW Insights this week
- How Netflix migrates without downtime
- CNCF: MLOps for beginners
- Lyft, Reddit, Doordash and K8s